- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of hands-on programming in core Java, and experience with standard APIs like multi-threading, JDBC, JMS and XML processing
- 3+ years experience required in relational database technology using Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle, including SQL, table design, indexing techniques, stored procedures, transactions and performance optimization
- Experience using the Spring Framework or similar framework to implement stand-alone servers is a plus.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design techniques and common design patterns.
- Able to apply multi-threading or distributed server techniques to enhance server throughput and responsiveness.
- Able to access the database via Java JDBC and have knowledge of persistence frameworks such as the IBatis, Hibernate or similar is desirable.
- Knowledge of networking utilizing Java JMS apis and publish/subscribe messaging systems like Tibco Rendezvous and EMS.
- Able to understand serialization techniques used to exchange object and non-object data over networks between Linux and Windows systems.
- Familiar with Web Services using Java via J2EE or similar framework.
- Familiarity with technologies for developing web applications. Ability to design web pages using html and CSS and add interactive features using AJAX and jQuery.
- Knowledge of maven and ant to build java programs and manage dependencies. Use of tools to optimize execution performance.